We are required to provide you with certain information about the personal information we collect from you (also called “Data”) and the information below sets out how we may collect that information and use it.
We take your privacy and security of any information (which, for the purposes of this Notice we will refer to as ‘Personal Data’) that you provide to us very seriously.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulations and any subsequent UK legislation based on or superseding those Regulations (GDPR) the data controller is this company and our Data Protection Supervisor is Nick Crook. If you have any issues about how your data is being used he may be contacted on 020 7068 7651. (In our opinion we are not required to and have not appointed a formal Data Protection Officer.)
We may collect and process the following data.
Information you give to us
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Website or completing any forms that we have provided you with or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. We may also collect information and store on paper or other hard copy as well as electronically.
To be absolutely clear this information may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph as well as such other data as we may reasonably require in order to provide our advertised services to you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical Information. This may include, for example, the IP address used to connect your computer to the internet, your log-in information, browser type and version, and time-zone setting.
- Information about your visit. This may include the full URL through and from our Website including date and time.
- Such information as is otherwise provided by you in order for us to reasonably be able to provide you with our services.
We may also receive information about you from other sources including other websites that we operate or other services that we provide. We may share that data internally and combine it with data we have already collected. We will only share and combine your data so we can provide the services or information that you have requested. We work closely with some third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors, payment and delivery services advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies). We may receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information but will only use the information so provided in order to reasonably enhance our services to you.
Uses that we make of the information provided
If you provide us with information you consent to us using it as follows:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. In particular but not exclusively that would involve your looking to buy/sell or rent or let a property from or through us
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are like those that you have already purchased or enquired about or which we reasonably feel would be of interest to you
- To provide you with permitted selected third parties to provide you with information about goods or services we reasonably feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services like those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiation of a sale or a letting to or from you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. For us to use your data in this way or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes please tick the relevant box situated on the form from which we collect the data.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
You consent to us using information we have collected about you either directly or from other sources (that may not relate directly to you)
- To administer our Website and for internal operations including trouble-shooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistic and survey purposes.
- To improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To allow you to participate in inter-active features of our service when you choose to do so.
- As part of efforts to keep our Website safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Our business relationship with you
- To provide information on properties you may wish to buy sell or rent.
- To carry out credit checks on you if required to perform the services requested of us.
- To provide promotional offers in relation to property management that may be of interest to you.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information from third parties (ie Rightmove, Zoopla etc..) and may combine that with information that we have collected directly from you. We will use this combined information (or the third-party information separately) for the purposes set out above depending on the type of information received.
These paragraphs tell you who we will share your information with
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our Group which means our subsidiaries.
- Selected third parties including Business Partners, Suppliers and Sub-Contractors for the performance of any contract we enter with you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks so they may select and send relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and Search Engine Providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website.
- Credit Reference Agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you or you entering into a contract with a client of ours.
- Any legal authorities (whether National or European) in order to comply with anti-money laundering regulations and responsibilities
In particular we may disclose your personal information as follows:
- With your consent
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets and there is a requirement on us to disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Atkinson McLeod its subsidiaries or substantially all its assets are acquired by the third party, in which case personal data held by them on its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
How we will look after your personal information we have collected
- We will ensure that we keep a full record of your information
- We will only keep your information for as long as we reasonably need to provide you with the services you have requested or for a period of 6 years unless you have opted for us to keep it for specific times or reasons
- Your personal information will be stored on secure servers based at our offices and will be protected by passwords to limit those who have access
- Hard copy data will be adequately secured
- We will ensure that your personal data is held compliant with your rights set out below
Under GDPR you have certain rights which we set out below;
- The right to be informed about the personal information held and to access it
- The right to check that the personal information we hold is accurate
- The right to have inaccuracies deleted or altered
- The right to have the information erased or to restrict processing
- The right to take your any away any personal data that you have provided, you have consented to us obtaining or is obtained by automatic methods
- The right to object generally and to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office
- The right not to be subjected to automatic decision making
Outside of the European Union?
If we send your personal information outside of the EU, we will always need your specific consent. Without that our policy is not to send personal information outside of the EU