Renting property in London
We have a huge range of rental properties across London, so whether you are looking for a purpose built modern flat, a contemporary conversion or a house to share with your friends or family, we will have something to suit your needs. And having serviced the rental market since 2002 we can help you through the process of renting to get you moving and provide plenty of information on the local area too. See our helpful renting steps below.
Let Only or Fully Managed service?
Our landlords have different preferences when it comes to how they rent their property. Some opt for Let Only and manage the maintenance themselves; other landlords opt for a Fully Managed service. As a tenant you can also choose which option may work best for you too, just let our negotiators know. All our property management team, based in our Canary Wharf head office, is fully trained or in training with the Association of Residential Lettings Agents (ARLA), so this gives you peace of mind when renting a home through us.
Steps to renting with us
- Register your property requirements and we will send you a selection of properties to meet your needs and budget.
- Once you have chosen the properties you’d like to view, we’ll arrange appointments and show you around. Our consultants will also be able to tell you about the local amenities and transport links.
- Once you make an offer a preliminary payment is required to process your application and we’ll then take the property off the market. This pre-tenancy fund will be offset against your first month’s rent. If references are unsatisfactory this payment will be forfeited.
- We use market leaders Homelet to process references to reassure our landlords that you can make the rental payments. To pass references your combined income if renting with others will need to be 30 times the monthly rent or 36 times the monthly rent for guarantors.
- The tenancy agreement is then drawn up for online signature by the tenants and landlord. All tenants renting together are responsible for their obligations relating to the home – both individually and together.
- Typical terms include one month’s rent payable in advance unless otherwise instructed by the landlord and a damage deposit is also paid. Keys can then be picked up and you are ready to move in.
- Just before you move in a pre-tenancy check and inventory is generally arranged if instructed by the landlord.
- If moving to a fully managed property you will be given details of your Relationship Manager who will be available Mondays to Fridays between 9.00am – 6.00pm. An emergency telephone number is available outside of these hours.
Just remember when renting other costs need to be considered too, like utilities, council tax, tenants’ contents insurance, TV Licence, garden maintenance and a professional clean when the property is vacated.
Part of our brand promise is to be transparent when communicating fees during the term of your tenancy. For details please click here.
What’s my home worth?
"Kwesi is without question the best estate agent I have ever dealt with - making the move stress free - I couldn't thank him enough for that."