Letting a property?
start by getting the best rent
Letting a property?
find out how much it is worth
Letting your property in London
We have been letting and managing properties since 2002: we know what landlords and investors are looking for, and why letting a property can often make a very sound investment choice, particularly when managed efficiently. Our experienced team can help guide you through current legislation - such as government required gas safety or Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) - and recommend best practice standards in the private-rental sector. Our steps to letting your property are outlined below or why not call your local office for a free valuation.
Steps to letting your property
- We will start by providing you with an accurate valuation on the rent you can expect to achieve on your property; once accepted we then take professional photographs and send property details for your approval.
- We’ll then start actively marketing your property on our website, through the online property portals and in our window displays, as well as through email alerts, on social media channels and with calls to our registered applicants looking to rent in the area. We also have long term relationships with many of our rental clients so have their rental history to look back on.
- We like to accompany prospective tenants on viewings to ensure we can answer detailed questions about your property, helping to let it quickly and efficiently.
- Once an offer is made and accepted we will do the reference check on your new tenants through market leaders Homelet so you know your tenants are who they say they are, work where they say they work and will be able to make the rental payments.
- An agreement will then be drawn up for signature by the tenants and landlord; it outlines terms of the occupancy including agreed rent, any additional charges or special terms and we will collect moving in payments (rent and damage deposit).
- Where applicable we will hold the tenants deposit in one of the government approved deposit schemes to ensure landlords meet their obligations under current legislation to protect the deposit for the life of the fixed term tenancy.
- Where instructed a comprehensive inventory is carried out pre/post occupancy on your behalf subject to our terms and conditions.
- If you are considering a Fully Managed service then do talk to our property management team based in our head office at Canary Wharf. A dedicated Relationship Manager will be appointed to look after the day to day management of your property with your tenants, as well as sorting out emergency repairs if these should crop up to really give you peace of mind. That means they deal with your tenant enquiries or contractor queries on Mondays to Fridays between 9.00am to 6.00pm; after that we have an emergency out of hours contact number.
Part of our brand promise is to be transparent when communicating our fees for finding you a tenant and managing the process to move them in. For details please click here.
What’s my home worth?
"Professional in all my dealings with them; their knowledge of the local Balham rental market is very good and I managed to let my property within a few days."
Fully vetted tenants
We manage many of the properties on our rental books and will ensure tenants and tenancy will be smooth and hassle free. We have immediate access to a full range of dependable services and tradesmen should you have a problem in your property at any time during your tenancy.
Excellent customer service
We pride ourselves on our in depth understanding of our market and as such have confidence in our valuations. We are driven by customer service and will give you an honest appraisal of your property, followed by immediate action to find the right purchaser
Nearly every property search starts online. We list with all the key portals (Rightmove, Prime Location, Findaproperty, Zoopla and Globrix) to widen the net as far as possible and have great social media interaction on Twitter, Facebook, our regular blog and a newsletter which all generate excellent demand. We even have a search function on our Facebook page.